Located just 20 minutes from the town centre of Margaret River, the Lake Cave Events Deck offers the most unique function venue available in the region. Nestled within the canopy of the karri forest, partially suspended over a fifty metre drop, the view takes your breath away. The deck appears to hover in the treetops, and when lit at night the space is quite magical. The open cavern below the deck is also lit for evening functions, with the lower platforms providing a superb stage for musicians, filling the natural amphitheatre with sound.
This new space allows for larger scale events of up to 70 people seated and 150 standing. At Lake Cave there is also a function room adjacent to the deck that provides an indoor area, included in the venue hire cost. In addition, after 5pm, this function room can open out to connect with our Visitor Centre, to provide more space.
Whatever function you are planning, consider how holding it at our extraordinary venue can make it so much more special. Local catering specialists ‘Gnarabar Offsite’ provide a range of delicious food and beverage options direct from the kitchens of Gnarabar; one of the outstanding restaurants in the Margaret River Region. Mouth-watering cocktail selections or superb fully catered sit-down meals are available.
• Venue hire is $500 per hour (minimum booking three hours).
• Maximum fee is $2500 for events finishing by 11pm.
• All prices exclude GST.
• Fee includes private use of the deck and adjacent function room (and Visitor Centre after hours), lighting and amenities.
• Are available for your chosen food and beverage provider.
• Venue hire includes lighting on the deck and the open cavern below, and in the trees.
• Access to the venue for set-up and pack down is provided by negotiation, at no additional cost.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
• We work closely with experienced local catering company ‘Gnarabar Offsite’. Sample menus are enclosed and packages can be tailored to suit your needs.
• We can also arrange for your guests to have guided tours of Lake Cave. The entrance to this dazzling cave is 50 metres below the deck. The stairway descent down through the sunken cavern to the cave entrance is a remarkable experience in itself. Guests will marvel at the intensity of the beautiful white crystal formations and their mirrored reflections.
ACCOMMODATION AND TRANSPORT
• As the Margaret River Region’s local tourism organisation, our expert group bookings team can arrange accommodation and transport for your special guests.
To find out more about this unique venue, please contact the Augusta Margaret River Tourism Association on:
PHONE: (08) 9757 7411