The south west is the go-do destination in WA for weddings, anniversaries and romantic escapes. The summer season sees many couples ‘tying the knot’ in the south west, while the winter is a beautiful time for red wine by the fire. Here’s our pick of the most romantic things to do in the south west.
• Watch the sun set of the ocean at Yallingup, believed to mean ‘place of love’ in the local aboriginal dialect.
• Be chauffeured around one of the wine regions for a day of wine tasting, sampling gourmet produce and a long lunch at one of the beautiful winery restaurants.
• Enjoy ‘his and hers’ massages at a day spa, followed by an overnight stay at a luxury retreat.
• Lock yourself away for a wintery weekend to sip wine, play board games and watch the rain come down outside, while you’re rugged up by the fireplace inside.
• Find yourself a secluded beach. With over 1000 kilometres of coastline, it’s not unlikely that you’ll head to the beach and be the only people on it!