Be hugged by nature at multi-award winning Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages.
High in a hilltop forest above the mist line is a magical 46-acre natural bushland property. Nestled amongst native jarrah & marri trees are 6 cosy bush cottages. Set apart for privacy, each cottage overlooks picturesque and breathtaking vistas below. Take in spectacular views. Breathe in nature. From a bright blue-sky sparkle on a summer’s morning, to a eucalypt infused fresh winter’s day. Reconnect and bond with loved ones.
Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages is located 1.5 km’s west of the Balingup townsite, at the northern entrance to the beautiful Blackwood River Valley. Centrally located in WA’s south west, Balingup is situated 240kms south of Perth, a comfortable scenic 2½-3hr drive. Nature’s hugs await you now.
Bridgetown - 25 mins
Nannup - 45 mins
Donnybrook - 25 mins
Private and secluded, enjoy stunning views from each of the one and two bedroom Cottages.
Come, enjoy some stunningly fresh air, huge expanses of blue sky and indulge in your own slice of heaven at Balingup Heights.
With 46 acres to explore, including the 25 acre hilltop forest, there’s plenty to do at Balingup Heights!
- Private lookouts - You’re invited to make use of the spectacular scenic lookout. A perfect vantage point from which to enjoy Balingup’s spectacular sunrises, the misty mornings, stunning sunsets, and the moon rise. Photo opportunities abound!
- Star gazing - On a clear night the sky above Balingup seems endless. Some guests choose to simply look up in amazement, while others take the opportunity to locate the planets and constellations of the Milky Way.
- Farm animal feeding - Join us each morning to feed our sheep, horses, guinea pigs, chickens and our cheeky llama.
- Walk Trails - Explore the numerous walk trails on the property.
- Photography and videography - Capture stunning vistas and sensual colours in all seasons and in every weather condition. It’s also the perfect spot to give your drone a workout!
- Wildlife - a diverse variety of native birds and wildlife can be spotted on the property.
- Wildflowers - commencing early Spring the hilltop forest supports an abundance of wildflowers.
- Secret Garden – Nature Playground – think bush cubbies and fairy gardens.
- Fruit Picking - When in season, you’re welcome to collect chestnuts and roast them fresh on your BBQ (April and early May). The persimmon orchard is a must visit location in all seasons. The fruit is ripe for picking in March - April.
Centrally located in the heart of WA’s south west, Balingup lies at the northern entrance to the Blackwood River Valley. Encompassing the quaint, historic towns of Balingup, Nannup, Bridgetown and Boyup Brook, explore boutique wineries, art & craft galleries. Food and wine lovers will be tantalised by the array of gourmet products on offer throughout the region.
Nestled amongst rolling green hills, surrounded by vast expanses of native forest interspersed with fruit orchards, vineyards and farmland. Balingup Heights is the perfect getaway for couples, families, groups or just you!