Untamed Escapes connects travellers from all walks of life with adventure, wildlife, wellness and epicurean experiences in nature. Guided by the region’s most passionate storytellers, our small group and exclusive private tours depart Adelaide, Perth, and Port Lincoln and roam over two-thirds of untamed Australia.
An Advanced Eco-Accredited operator, since 2004, we have been roaming the expansive 4,000 kilometres between Adelaide and Perth, taking travellers on a sensory journey of these untouched regions. We introduce them to the local characters that make these places special, and feel a great sense of satisfaction as we witness their transformation as they reconnect to Country and themselves.
Our diverse range of tours offer experiences in nature to awaken the senses. Food and wine connoisseurs will love our range of Gourmet Getaways and Exclusive Luxury Escapes. While adventure seekers can unleash their inner wildling on an Adventure to Awaken. Those in need of some ‘me time’ will find the freedom to find themselves on a Wellness & Yoga Retreat. And if none of those suits, we will handcraft a tailor-made tour, just for you.
Modern-day life is chaotic. Escape to the Margaret River region and seek solace on a regenerating wellness and yoga retreat from Perth. Surrounded by the nurturing forces of nature at your off-grid glamping accommodation, your wellness experience unfolds. Meet inspirational locals and practice yoga and meditation in pristine locations. Unleash your inner adventurer on rewarding hikes and nourish your body with the regions freshest local produce. Take a spice masterclass, and enjoy some cheeky wine and gin tastings because, after all, you deserve it.
Swim at rockpools, sprawl out on white-sand beaches, trek along the coast and tame your soul surrounded by ancient, towering forests. Expand your mind and awaken your senses during transformative experiences. Meet like-minded people and embrace the true essence of this all-inclusive yoga retreat. To connect with mind, body and Country, as you immerse yourself in the region. Namaste.
- Glamping at the award-winning permaculture farm Fair Harvest
- Yoga and sound meditation sessions in beautiful surrounds
- Spice Masterclass with Sarina, The Spice Mistress
- Hike along the Cape to Cape Track with a local healer
- Behind the scenes tour and tasting at iconic Ginaversity
- Traverse the ridges of Leeuwin-Naturaliste National Park
- Learn all about sourdough at One Table Farm
- Taste the wine and produce of Margaret River
The southwestern reaches of Western Australia are defined by rolling vineyards, lush countryside, rugged coastline and white-sand beaches. Traversing the coast from Margaret River to Esperance, experience the freedom of the open road on a six-day adventure from Perth. En route to each destination, sip some of Australia's best wine, roam along bush-edged beaches in the company of kangaroos and stop at scores of natural wonders. Tame your inner wildling among vast, wide-open spaces, then fall asleep under star-filled skies. The colossal ancient forests of the Walpole Wilderness Region, white sandy beaches of Cape Le Grand National Park, Australia's golden outback and the famed wineries of Margaret River are your playground on the ultimate Esperance tour.
- Traverse a section of the Cape-to-Cape Track
- Wander through the ancient forests of the Walpole region
- Experience the coastline and rock formations of Albany
- Cape Le Grand National Park and its friendly kangaroos
- Marvel at the weird and wonderful Wave Rock
- Unearth Australia with your expert guide
The Margaret River region is renowned for its wines and lauded food scene. Tucked on Australia's southwest tip, the pristine landscape plays host to the ultimate blend of world-class wineries, dedicated local producers, experimental restaurants and artisan farmers' markets. Here, gourmet foodie experiences are part of daily life and unfold throughout your four-day luxury private tour of Margaret River. Taste your way around the region with decadent degustations. Catch-and-cook lunches, cooking masterclasses and exclusive wine tasting experiences while taking full advantage of the regional produce. Between meals, take in untamed scenery and get to know the region through the eyes of its artisanal food producers, famed chefs and passionate locals. And after a full day of sightseeing, wine tasting and grazing, you'll walk into luxury relaxing in your 5-star accommodation.
- Indulge in the four-hour 'Ultimate Leeuwin Degustation Experience
- Taste your way around local providores, including honey, chocolate, wine, beer and gin
- 7-course progressive dinner cruise in the calm waters of Geographe Bay
- Wander along the Cape to Cape Track to magical rockpools
- Dine at critically acclaimed restaurants
- Descend underground to the ancient wonders of Ngilgi Cave
- Immersive treetop walk at the Valley of the Giants
- Rejuvenate at breathtaking beaches and take in dramatic coastal scenery
Awaken your senses during exquisite epicurean experiences on this gourmet food and wine discovery of Western Australia's Margaret River region. Stay in one of Australia's finest boutique hotels - Cape Lodge. A stylish and sophisticated retreat with its own vineyard, here you will dine in its acclaimed restaurant, be pampered at the Spa and cook with one of Australia's best chefs during a hands-on cooking class. The perfect paradox of untouched wilderness and refined luxury, Margaret River is the ultimate destination to focus on your wellbeing.
Meet the makers during private tastings and meals at signature vineyards such as Vasse Felix, Wills Domain and Cullen Wines. But it's not just wine the South West is famous for. Beer, gin, olive oil and chocolate lovers are also spoiled for choice.
Go untamed roaming sheltered coves, limestone cliffs and soaring karri forests. Finish the tour with a visit to a sustainable farm for a sourdough cooking workshop and farm to plate produce grazing lunch. Cooking lessons with celebrity chefs, nourishing local produce served at renowned regional restaurants, and exclusive spa treatments make this three-day Margaret River luxury escape truly transformative.
- Unwind at the luxury Cape Lodge featuring its own vineyard and restaurant
- Relax with a rejuvenating treatment at Cape Lodge Spa
- Cook alongside much-loved celebrity chef Tony Howell in nature
- Descend to the depths of the Busselton Underwater Observatory
- Walk part of the iconic Cape to Cape Track during an Indigenous cultural tour
- Dine at Pullman Bunker Bay Resort and witness sunset and moonrise over the ocean
- Savour a long lunch and sourdough cooking workshop at One Table Farm