Margaret River Region Open Studios for 2020 has been rescheduled to take place from 12 - 27 September.
The 2020 Event Guide produced earlier for the April/May event has been repurposed, and copies are now available in all Jacksons Drawing Supplies stores and will be available from south west tourism venues from mid August. You can download an updated version of the Event Guide from https://www.mrropenstudios.com.au/
1. Studio Opening times will remain the same - use the graphic below as a guide. If a studio was to be open 10am - 4pm on Sat 25 April, it will now be open 10am - 4pm on Saturday 12 September.
MRROS are currently working on a downloadable and printable A4 sheet with a list of artists and their opening times. Stay tuned for this!
2. Studio address changes: two artists are in the process of securing new studios. Their addresses will be noted on the sheet mentioned above.
3. Eight artists are unable to participate in the rescheduled event. They are Anita Haywood, Cheryl deJong, Dawn Brittain, Jessie Pettersson, Jilly Crossley, Nada Kesic, Rebecca Cool and Ross Miller.
4. Fuel up at Yahava Koffeeworks or Kwik Koffee and you can still enjoy a 50c saving on each coffee by showing your Open Studios event guide. This offer is valid during Open Studios 12 – 27 September.
5. Painting Workshops hosted by Jacksons Drawing Supplies at Vasse Village have been cancelled. We hope to bring this exciting programme back next year.
6. A big thanks to Lotterywest Covid-19 Relief Fund and Department of Local Government, Sport and Creative Industries who made this rescheduled event possible.
Thanks for your understanding – enjoy the art adventure.
An Art Lover's Paradise.
Over the 16 days of the event the Margaret River Region is transformed into an art lover's paradise. The Margaret River Region is just a three hour drive south of Perth and stretches from Busselton in the North to Augusta in the South.
Each artist participating in the event opens there strikingly different and diverse studio art space to the public for free, allowing you to take a rare peek behind the curtain of these talented creatives. This event allows you the opportunity to explore creative spaces and ideas, admire art and maybe even own a piece.
In 2020, there are a record number of 112 artists opening their studios and ready to greet you. The Margaret River Region Open Studios event is the biggest art event of its kind in Australia. Come and experience the vibrant visual arts scene in the Margaret River Region, and plan your art trail adventure using the website or free event guide. www.mrros.com.au
This arts event offers art lovers the rare change to visit private art studios which may not otherwise be open to the public.