A series of events at some of Western Australia’s top venues is set to run November 20-22 in the Margaret River region. A one-off, it will take place in the period scheduled for the now cancelled Western Australia Gourmet Escape.
The full line up of events are still to be announced, and will champion the best of Western Australia’s culinary talent, from chefs and growers to winemakers, brewers and distillers, including chefs Seth James (Wills Domain), George Cooper (Tiller Dining) Tony Howell (Cape Lodge), with more to be announced.\
- On Thursday November 19th, the first event, a ‘pit-stop’ in Bunbury at Market Eating House, will see chef Brenton Pyke match five courses with five of the best wines from the Geographe Wine Region. The event also coincides with the restaurants 5th Birthday celebrations and the menu will reflect the ‘greatest hits’ that have graced the tables over the years.
- The WAGFG Southern Weekender will kick off with an official opening party set in the courtyard at Wise Winery (Friday 20th at 4pm). The venue features one of the most spectacular Indian Ocean vistas in the region. The $110+bf ticket price includes four hours of substantial canapes, Wise gin cocktails, Wise wine and beers by Eagle Bay Brewing Co. Complete with DJ and bar service until late it will kick the Southern Weekender off in style.
- An icon of the Margaret River region, Cape Lodge will launch their Wine Lounge (Saturday, November 21st). Enjoy an afternoon of bubbles and bites on the lakeside deck with super fresh seafood from Executive Chef, Tony Howell.
- The WAGFG Spring Fling at Wills Domain (Saturday, November 21st) will raise a glass to 20 years of the outstanding Wills Domain. Award winning chef Seth James is crafting a special party menu to include spring lamb, oysters and a Korean style spit roasted pig. A chance to cut loose with a night of free-flowing drinks, food and good tunes.
- On Saturday November 21st, join the Rose All Day - Courtyard Party at the River Hotel Margaret River, with wines from some of WA's most dynamic vineyards and incredible canapés starring exceptional WA produce including oysters and more... party the afternoon away listening to beats by DJ Katie B.
- Sunday Barefoot Long Lunch at Tiller Farm (Sunday, November 22nd) in Yallingup with chef George Cooper. A true celebration of south-west spring produce held on the grass with views across Tiller Farm. The lunch will feature wines from Pemberton vineyard Below & Above.
- South-West small-producer wine tasting and courtyard party in Margaret River (central), details to be announced.
- Accommodation partners are set to release specially priced deals in support of regional tourism. Pullman Bunker Bay is offering discounted room rates for the weekend, with Smith’s Beach Resort offering a 3-night Stay & Save Package.
- Tickets for all events are now on sale at wagoodfoodguide.com