Escape for a little Italian adventure in Geographe.
No Passport required
A visit to the cellar door at Vineyard 28 is a little “Trip to Italy” via wine, where you will most likely be greeted by the owner Pippa, or winemaker, Mark. This Kiwi girl and the WA boy have a passionate interest in Italian grape varieties and love to share their story with guests.
Indulge all your senses with an extensive range of wines, that cater to all tastes, from crisp dry whites to rich robust reds, and some sweeter styles as well.
Pignoletto - Arneis - Fiano - Moscato - Dolcetto - Nebbiolo
They offer a range of wine tasting options at the Cellar Door, including a guided wine tasting of their range. They also offer a grazing experience where you can sit back and relax as you enjoy a more in-depth tasting of our wines and enjoy the peace of the forest surrounds and panoramic views over farmland to the Eastern Scarp. If you'd like a more in-depth experience, take an Italian journey on the Taste of Italy tour where you can learn more about Vineyard 28.
Cellar Door Open - Thursday to Monday - 10am to 5pm
By appointment only on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Bookings in advance are appreciated where possible.
Larger groups of 6 or more persons are asked to phone the Cellar Door on 08 9733 5605 to make inquiries about bookings.
40 minutes south of Mandurah
5km south of Preston Beach intersection with Forrest Highway, about 15 minutes by car from Preston Beach.
25 minutes into the Harvey townsite
A Taste of Italy - Vineyard & Winery Experience
Start your Italian journey amongst the vines with our Award Winning winemaker – Mark Cumbers. Hear the story of how a ‘kiwi’ girl met a ‘WA’ boy in Melbourne and why Vineyard 28 chose to grow these Italian varieties.
Take a walk in the vineyard and get to understand how grapes are grown. From the vineyard, you will amble to the winery and get behind the scenes to learn how we make grapes into wine. Taste and learn how wines are aged in barrels.
Return to the cellar door and take a seat, where our winemaker, Mark will introduce you to our Italian varietals accompanied by a grazing board laden with delicious morsels of local produce – cheese, charcuterie, olives, seasonal fruits and crisp gourmet crackers (all Gluten Free).
Depending upon the time of year you may get to taste grapes in the vineyard or experience wine from the tank or barrel. Late January to April can be one of the most interesting times to take this tour, as we have grapes on the vine and a lot happening in the winery to experience.
The tour starts and concludes in our Cellar Door, where you will complete your Italian journey.
Price: $75.00 per person
Allow 2-2.5 hours for this experience
Take a trip to Italy - No Passport Required!
Start your Italian journey among the vines with our Award Winning winemaker - Mark Cumbers. Hear the story of how a "kiwi" girl met a "WA" boy in Melbourne and why Vineyard 28 grows these Italian varieties.
Take a walk in the vineyard, get to look and see just how grapes are grown. From the vineyard you will amble to the winery and get a behind the scenes look into just how the grapes are made into wine. Tasting and learning how wines are aged in barrel. Whilst there Mark will introduce you to our Italians, matching these with food for a flavour association experience. Depending upon the time of year, you may get to taste grapes in the vineyard, or experience wine from the tank or barrel.
The tour starts and concludes at our Cellar Door, where you will complete your Italian journey.
BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL
Join us at the cellar door for a wine tasting guided by Mark or Pippa. Relax at the bar or share a table for a guided tasting of our wines. You may choose to sample just a few wines or our entire range.
Price: $10.00 per person (paid at the Cellar Door)
Bookings are essential for groups of more than 6 persons.
Enjoy our wine range paired with a grazing board laden with delicious morsels of local produce – cheese, charcuterie, olives, seasonal fruits and crisp gourmet crackers (all Gluten Free).
In-depth tasting notes will be provided, and Mark or Pippa will be on hand to guide you through your tasting, answer questions and share their story with you.
Price: $25.00 per person
Bookings either online or by phoning the cellar door.
(Bookings in advance are required for more than 6 persons).
$10.00 per person - Guided Wine Tasting
$25.00 per person - '28' Wine and Grazing Experience
$75.00 per person - Taste of Italy Tour (By appointment or booking only)
Closed: Good Friday, Christmas & Boxing Days.
Cancellation and Refund Policies:
All customers please note that the following policies apply to the various wine experiences, vouchers and wine purchases made from Vineyard 28.
Wine Experiences at the Cellar Door
- Guided tastings
- 28 Wine & Grazing
Small groups (less than 10 persons)
- No deposit is required.
- Cancellations are accepted and appreciated in advance, with as much notice as possible.
Larger groups (10 or more persons)
- 10% deposit of the cost of the wine experience is required or payment in full in advance.
- A minimum of 48 hours notice of cancellation is required to receive a full refund.
- If cancellation occurs within 24 hours of the booked time, we reserve the right to retain the deposit for the booking.
- Any cancellation that is received more than 48 hours ahead of the booking will receive a full refund.
Taste of Italy Tour
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before the the time of the booking.
- For a cancellation made between 48 hours and 24 hours before the booking time we reserve the right to charge a 10% booking fee. Depending upon the circumstances of the cancellation we may choose to waive this fee.
- Any cancellation that is received more than 48 hours ahead of the booking time will receive a full refund.
- These may be purchased via our online shop. Customers are asked to make their selection carefully.
- We do not normally give refunds if the customer simply changes their mind or makes a wrong decision.
- We ask customer to please select their wine carefully. We do not normally give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision.
- Customers can choose between a refund, exchange or credit where goods are faulty, have been wrongly described, are different to the product purchased on the website or don’t perform as advertised.