Do you have special requirements for your trip to the South West? We’ve listed a few answers below to FAQs, however we recommend contacting a local visitor centre if you have a specific requirement. The staff are the local experts on their region and can point you in the right direction.
Some of the most picturesque areas of Australia's South West are accessible to wheelchairs. You can experience the majesty of a tingle forest, the dark beauty of Mammoth Cave or the fresh vistas of a seaside scenic pathway.
Below we've listed some of our favourite South West Attractions that are accessible to all. You can also visit the Ability Heroes website to help plan outings that include accessibility-friendly facilities that meet the needs of people with a disability, seniors and families with young children.
- Cape to Cape Track around Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse, Ellensbrook Homestead and Ellensbrook Beach
- Busselton Jetty foreshore and Underwater Observatory
- Mammoth Cave, Margaret River region
- Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse, Augusta
- Big Brook Dam, near Pemberton
- Point D'Entrecasteaux Cliff Top Walk, near Windy Harbour
- Dolphin Disovery Centre, Bunbury
- Crooked Brook Forest, Dardanup and Ferguson Valley
- Valley of the Giants Tree Top Walk, near Denmark and Walpole
- Discovery Bay (formerly Whale World) near Albany
- The Kodja Place, Kojonup
- The Gap and Natural Bridge, Torndirrup National Park, Albany
For further information, please contact the attraction itself (where possible) or the local Visitor Centre.
Halal food offerings
It can sometimes be hard while travelling to know where to look. We’ve listed a few eateries in each of the main South West towns below, however you can see an extensive list at http://www.halalsquare.com.au/.
- Orfa Kebabs & Turkish Bakery, Bunbury
- Nando’s Bunbury
- Other side of the Moon Restaurant, near Dunsborough
- Amelia Park Lodge, Busselton
- Food Lovers Corner, Busselton
- Navratna Indian Restaurant, Busselton
- Kappadokia Kebabs, Margaret River
- Natural Temptation Café, Bunbury
- Silos Restaurant and bar, Bunbury
- Istanbul Kebabs Turkish Bakery, Albany