What produce is grown at Burnside Organic Farm? The McCall family grow or produce avocados, grapes, honey and capers. All these products are available in season exclusively for guests staying in the farm bungalows. Avocado picking season is October – December. During this time we have a stall at the Margaret River Farmers’ Market, where there quality avocados, honey, capers and wine are available for purchase. The grapes are made naturally into wine in our onsite winery, using traditional and low intervention methods, letting the wine express the terroir. Guests who stay in the self-contained bungalows can pick from our family vegetable garden. Lara and Jamie are always happy to show bungalow guests what is season and give advice on how to pick and cook.
Farm Stay Experience
When you stay at Burnside you can experience:
- Farm walks: Farm animals including pigs, cows, geese and chickens.
- Helping feed the animals each morning.
- Meet Hunter our friendly border collie dog.
- Vegetable gardens: See Jema’s quarter acre of commercial certified biodynamic market garden. @jemamccabe
- See fruit trees including the avocado grove.
- Bee hives and honey.
- Organic vineyard.
- Tour the winery and learn how organic wine is made.
- See kangaroos and native birds.
- Purchase organic wine, honey and capers.
- Visit our stall @margaretriverfarmersmarket Saturdays, October-December
What are we picking and eating now? We enjoy living self-sufficiently and growing our own food. If you book a stay on our farm we can show you what is in season.
Autumn – Lettuce, spring onions, zucchini, mexican cucucumbers, basil, herbs and lemons.
Wine Tastings: FRIDAYS 11 – 4
You are welcome to visit on Fridays. This is a wine tourism experience with a difference. Held in the private tasting room overlooking Marri trees and the farm. You will get to taste the wines on offer and also learn about organic farming and natural wine making. A tour of the winery is included. Capers, honey and avocados are also for sale in season.
Purchase Wine: Farm Direct or Online
Farm Direct – Please call ahead to purchase direct. We are usually our working on the farm and don’t wish to disappoint you.
Online – If you would like to purchase Burnside Organic Farm wine online. Free Postage in Australia for 6 bottles or more.